[R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

lpuerto
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] [R] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

Jeff Newmiller
I am not a Mac user, but I do use Linux and I would recommend not running R with sudo unless you are an admin ninja. That defensive practice would render the answer to your question moot.

It is possible that your problem may have started with inappropriate use of sudo in configuring java, but configuring Java is not on-topic here.
--
Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.

On March 27, 2018 12:25:33 PM PDT, Luis Puerto <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I’m on macOS 10.13.3 and just installed the new Java 10 using Homebrew
>Cask. I also have installed R with Homebrew. Everything seems to work
>fine, however I just get different outputs if I run sudo R CMD
>javareconf or R CMD javareconf. With sudo I get pointed to Java 9 and
>without sudo I get pointed to Java 10. I really don’t know why.
>
>Without sudo:
>
>$ R CMD javareconf                                                    
>                  
>Java interpreter :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
>Java version     : 10
>Java home path   :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home
>Java compiler    :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javac
>Java headers gen.: /usr/bin/javah
>Java archive tool:
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jar
>Non-system Java on macOS
>
>trying to compile and link a JNI program
>detected JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include
>-I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>detected JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang
>-I/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG
>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/include
>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/include/darwin
>-I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include   -fPIC
>-g -O3 -Wall -pedantic -std=gnu99 -mtune=native -pipe -c conftest.c -o
>conftest.o
>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -dynamiclib
>-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup
>-single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib
>-L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -o
>conftest.so conftest.o
>-L/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server
>-ljvm -L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -lR -lintl -Wl,-framework
>-Wl,CoreFoundation
>
>
>JAVA_HOME        :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home
>Java library path: $(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server
>JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>Updating Java configuration in /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R
>override rw-r--r--  root/admin for
>/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/etc/Makeconf? (y/n [n]) y
>override rw-r--r--  root/admin for
>/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/etc/ldpaths? (y/n [n]) y
>Done.
>With sudo:
>
>$ sudo R CMD javareconf                                                
>                  
>Java interpreter :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
>Java version     : 9.0.4
>Java home path   :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home
>Java compiler    :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javac
>Java headers gen.:
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javah
>Java archive tool:
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jar
>Non-system Java on macOS
>
>trying to compile and link a JNI program
>detected JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include
>-I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>detected JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang
>-I/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG
>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/include
>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/include/darwin
>-I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include   -fPIC
>-g -O3 -Wall -pedantic -std=gnu99 -mtune=native -pipe -c conftest.c -o
>conftest.o
>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -dynamiclib
>-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup
>-single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib
>-L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -o
>conftest.so conftest.o
>-L/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server
>-ljvm -L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -lR -lintl -Wl,-framework
>-Wl,CoreFoundation
>
>
>JAVA_HOME        :
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home
>Java library path: $(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server
>JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>Updating Java configuration in /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R
>Done.
>The result of be pointed to Java 10 is rJava package not be able to
>build.
>
>warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with
>-source 6
>warning: [options] source value 6 is obsolete and will be removed in a
>future release
>warning: [options] target value 1.6 is obsolete and will be removed in
>a future release
>warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use
>-Xlint:-options.
>Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
>Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>4 warnings
>/usr/bin/javah -d . -classpath . org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine
>Unable to locate an executable at
>"/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javah"
>(-1)
>make[2]: *** [org_rosuda_JRI_Rengine.h] Error 2
>make[1]: *** [src/JRI.jar] Error 2
>make: *** [jri] Error 2
>ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘rJava’
>* removing ‘/Users/lpuerto/Library/R/3.x/library/rJava’
>* restoring previous ‘/Users/lpuerto/Library/R/3.x/library/rJava’
>
>The downloaded source packages are in
>‘/private/var/folders/wf/41gjf2mx7m7fmvfd8dr22_5h0000gn/T/RtmpT2kJMY/downloaded_packages’
>Warning message:
>In install.packages("rJava", repos = "cloud.r-project.org") :
>  installation of package ‘rJava’ had non-zero exit status
>I've checked and there isn't a javah on
>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javah as
>in Java 9. Which make me think that either R CMD javareconf isn’t
>working properly with Java 10 or rJava is not yet compatible with Java
>10.
>
>Does anyone know what is going on?
>
>Thanks!
>
>PS/ I’ve opened an issue <https://github.com/s-u/rJava/issues/137> in
>rJava’s github and a question in stackoverflow
><https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49519007/sudo-r-cmd-javareconf-and-r-cmd-javareconf-produce-different-output-with-java-10>.
>
>
>
>Best Regards
>Luis Puerto
>http://luisspuerto.net
>
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>
>______________________________________________
>[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>PLEASE do read the posting guide
>http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

_______________________________________________
R-SIG-Mac mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

Prof Brian Ripley
In reply to this post by lpuerto
On 27/03/2018 20:25, Luis Puerto wrote:
...
> rJava is not yet compatible with Java 10

Is the correct answer.  How to work around this is in the current
manual, specifically R-admin for R 3.5.0 alpha or R-devel.

Java 10 has been out for 8 days, and the rJava maintainer was made aware
of the issues early this month, several other package maintainers only
today.  The advice is to stick to an LTS release of Java (currently 8)
unless you know what you are doing.

And don't post to multiple lists!

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [hidden email]
Emeritus Professor of Applied Statistics, University of Oxford

_______________________________________________
R-SIG-Mac mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] [R] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

Ista Zahn
In reply to this post by Jeff Newmiller
On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Jeff Newmiller
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am not a Mac user, but I do use Linux and I would recommend not running R with sudo unless you are an admin ninja. That defensive practice would render the answer to your question moot.

I don't think this is reasonable advice, given that both R CMD
javareconf and the rJava package makefile explicitly instruct you to
run R CMD javareconf as root.


>
> It is possible that your problem may have started with inappropriate use of sudo in configuring java, but configuring Java is not on-topic here.

I also disagree with this. You don't have to answer if you don't want
to, but the question is about getting the rJava package to work with
Java JDK 10, and I for one consider that to be on-topic here.


Best,
Ista

> --
> Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.
>
> On March 27, 2018 12:25:33 PM PDT, Luis Puerto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>I’m on macOS 10.13.3 and just installed the new Java 10 using Homebrew
>>Cask. I also have installed R with Homebrew. Everything seems to work
>>fine, however I just get different outputs if I run sudo R CMD
>>javareconf or R CMD javareconf. With sudo I get pointed to Java 9 and
>>without sudo I get pointed to Java 10. I really don’t know why.
>>
>>Without sudo:
>>
>>$ R CMD javareconf
>>
>>Java interpreter :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
>>Java version     : 10
>>Java home path   :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home
>>Java compiler    :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javac
>>Java headers gen.: /usr/bin/javah
>>Java archive tool:
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jar
>>Non-system Java on macOS
>>
>>trying to compile and link a JNI program
>>detected JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include
>>-I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>>detected JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang
>>-I/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG
>>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/include
>>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/include/darwin
>>-I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include   -fPIC
>>-g -O3 -Wall -pedantic -std=gnu99 -mtune=native -pipe -c conftest.c -o
>>conftest.o
>>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -dynamiclib
>>-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup
>>-single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib
>>-L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -o
>>conftest.so conftest.o
>>-L/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server
>>-ljvm -L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -lR -lintl -Wl,-framework
>>-Wl,CoreFoundation
>>
>>
>>JAVA_HOME        :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home
>>Java library path: $(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server
>>JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>>JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>>Updating Java configuration in /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R
>>override rw-r--r--  root/admin for
>>/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/etc/Makeconf? (y/n [n]) y
>>override rw-r--r--  root/admin for
>>/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/etc/ldpaths? (y/n [n]) y
>>Done.
>>With sudo:
>>
>>$ sudo R CMD javareconf
>>
>>Java interpreter :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
>>Java version     : 9.0.4
>>Java home path   :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home
>>Java compiler    :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javac
>>Java headers gen.:
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javah
>>Java archive tool:
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jar
>>Non-system Java on macOS
>>
>>trying to compile and link a JNI program
>>detected JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include
>>-I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>>detected JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang
>>-I/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG
>>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/include
>>-I/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/include/darwin
>>-I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include   -fPIC
>>-g -O3 -Wall -pedantic -std=gnu99 -mtune=native -pipe -c conftest.c -o
>>conftest.o
>>/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang++ -dynamiclib
>>-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup
>>-single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib
>>-L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -L/usr/local/opt/gettext/lib
>>-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -o
>>conftest.so conftest.o
>>-L/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server
>>-ljvm -L/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R/lib -lR -lintl -Wl,-framework
>>-Wl,CoreFoundation
>>
>>
>>JAVA_HOME        :
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home
>>Java library path: $(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server
>>JNI cpp flags    : -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/darwin
>>JNI linker flags : -L$(JAVA_HOME)/lib/server -ljvm
>>Updating Java configuration in /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.4/lib/R
>>Done.
>>The result of be pointed to Java 10 is rJava package not be able to
>>build.
>>
>>warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with
>>-source 6
>>warning: [options] source value 6 is obsolete and will be removed in a
>>future release
>>warning: [options] target value 1.6 is obsolete and will be removed in
>>a future release
>>warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use
>>-Xlint:-options.
>>Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>>Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
>>Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>>Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>>4 warnings
>>/usr/bin/javah -d . -classpath . org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine
>>Unable to locate an executable at
>>"/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javah"
>>(-1)
>>make[2]: *** [org_rosuda_JRI_Rengine.h] Error 2
>>make[1]: *** [src/JRI.jar] Error 2
>>make: *** [jri] Error 2
>>ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘rJava’
>>* removing ‘/Users/lpuerto/Library/R/3.x/library/rJava’
>>* restoring previous ‘/Users/lpuerto/Library/R/3.x/library/rJava’
>>
>>The downloaded source packages are in
>>‘/private/var/folders/wf/41gjf2mx7m7fmvfd8dr22_5h0000gn/T/RtmpT2kJMY/downloaded_packages’
>>Warning message:
>>In install.packages("rJava", repos = "cloud.r-project.org") :
>>  installation of package ‘rJava’ had non-zero exit status
>>I've checked and there isn't a javah on
>>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/javah as
>>in Java 9. Which make me think that either R CMD javareconf isn’t
>>working properly with Java 10 or rJava is not yet compatible with Java
>>10.
>>
>>Does anyone know what is going on?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>PS/ I’ve opened an issue <https://github.com/s-u/rJava/issues/137> in
>>rJava’s github and a question in stackoverflow
>><https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49519007/sudo-r-cmd-javareconf-and-r-cmd-javareconf-produce-different-output-with-java-10>.
>>
>>
>>
>>Best Regards
>>Luis Puerto
>>http://luisspuerto.net
>>
>>
>>       [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>>
>>______________________________________________
>>[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
>>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>>PLEASE do read the posting guide
>>http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>>and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

_______________________________________________
R-SIG-Mac mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

lpuerto
Administrator
In reply to this post by Prof Brian Ripley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

Simon Urbanek
In reply to this post by Prof Brian Ripley
Luis,

first, you seem to be using Homebrew R so you're pretty much on your own (=ask the Homebrew maintainer) since we don't support that. (In official R you do NOT want to use sudo as Jeff pointed out)

That said, you can try the latest rJava 0.9-10 version (see http://rforge.net/rJava ) which is trying to work around the issue of Java 10 lacking javah and provide feedback.
There are more macOS changes in the making to work around other Oracle issues so once the full batch is through I'd expect a CRAN release.

Cheers,
Simon



> On Mar 28, 2018, at 7:10 AM, Prof Brian Ripley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 27/03/2018 20:25, Luis Puerto wrote:
> ...
>> rJava is not yet compatible with Java 10
>
> Is the correct answer.  How to work around this is in the current manual, specifically R-admin for R 3.5.0 alpha or R-devel.
>
> Java 10 has been out for 8 days, and the rJava maintainer was made aware of the issues early this month, several other package maintainers only today.  The advice is to stick to an LTS release of Java (currently 8) unless you know what you are doing.
>
> And don't post to multiple lists!
>
> --
> Brian D. Ripley,                  [hidden email]
> Emeritus Professor of Applied Statistics, University of Oxford
>
> _______________________________________________
> R-SIG-Mac mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac

_______________________________________________
R-SIG-Mac mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

lpuerto
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

Simon Urbanek
Luis,

> On Apr 4, 2018, at 10:14 AM, Luis Puerto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Simon!
>
> Thanks a lot for the really quick update. I installed the package from source and now works perfectly, builds and can be use in R with other packages, like xlsx.
>
> I configured java without invoking root privileges.
>

Great, thanks - I think I'll push the new version out pretty soon.


> I know that the Homebrew users are more or less in our own, but I think there is nothing wrong in ask since probably the problem isn’t cause by the Homebrew install. Finally, Homebrew is just a way to install R from source.
>


Yes, sure, but there used to be issues with the Homebrew toolchain that caused a lot of trouble that didn't exist in the official R so all I'm saying is that your mileage may vary. I think the situation is improving as more people familiar with R are entering the HB community, but it used to be pretty bad hence my disclaimer :).

Thanks,
Simon


> Anyhow, thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Best Regards
> Luis Puerto
> http://luisspuerto.net
>
>> On 4 Apr 2018, at 16:51, Simon Urbanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Luis,
>>
>> first, you seem to be using Homebrew R so you're pretty much on your own (=ask the Homebrew maintainer) since we don't support that. (In official R you do NOT want to use sudo as Jeff pointed out)
>>
>> That said, you can try the latest rJava 0.9-10 version (see http://rforge.net/rJava ) which is trying to work around the issue of Java 10 lacking javah and provide feedback.
>> There are more macOS changes in the making to work around other Oracle issues so once the full batch is through I'd expect a CRAN release.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Simon
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Mar 28, 2018, at 7:10 AM, Prof Brian Ripley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 27/03/2018 20:25, Luis Puerto wrote:
>>> ...
>>>> rJava is not yet compatible with Java 10
>>>
>>> Is the correct answer.  How to work around this is in the current manual, specifically R-admin for R 3.5.0 alpha or R-devel.
>>>
>>> Java 10 has been out for 8 days, and the rJava maintainer was made aware of the issues early this month, several other package maintainers only today.  The advice is to stick to an LTS release of Java (currently 8) unless you know what you are doing.
>>>
>>> And don't post to multiple lists!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brian D. Ripley,                  [hidden email]
>>> Emeritus Professor of Applied Statistics, University of Oxford
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> R-SIG-Mac mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac
>>
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
R-SIG-Mac mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac